Saturday, December 17, 2011

Hope You All are Ready for Christmas

It seems that it has been a long time since I last posted, but looking at the date it has only been a week but what a busy week..
I have not posted for awhile on my Advent Calendar, I decide to post one picture at the end, of all the fabulous bling and stuff I have received (It will be short the chocolates(sorry ate em)) 

So on the 24th I will try and remember to put a picture up of it all..

I have been busy this week getting ready for our Annual Firwood Hill Christmas party.. We have hosted this now for over 20years for just the neighbors on our hill.  Last year we did it a bit different and I made turkey dinner for all.. Actually I found it less work than all the buffet items I used to do.. So anyway it is tomorrow and I have been busy today getting house work and prep work done.. Also finishing off the Christmas Cards for everyone..

Here are some of the cards I have done at the last minute, (I am kind of in love with them) so quick and simple but..
I did six of these altogether, very much alike but used different embossing folders used for each one..

This next card I took to the girls at Curves  (I go at least  4 to 5 times a week early morning )
I hope the ladies all get a good laugh..

And lastly a card I did for a friend and it looks like she won't get till the New Year again a little different but I like it..

I used an embossing folder but first I colored the paper with the new red and green TH ink.. then put embossing ink on the folder it self.. Embossed the paper and right away sprinkled on white embossing powder then heat set is.. The sparkles on it don't really show and the ribbon says  Let it Snow..

Well thanks for stopping by..
Take care.. Have a great Week end.

4 comments:

Creative Tara said...

These all look great, Janet! Love those poinsettias! Hope your dinner this weekend is fantastic :)

Nancy said...

Nice cards Janet, I love the Poinsettia! And, I like the embossing folder technique, really creates a whole new look :)
Hope you have a lovely time today with Friends and dinner.

Barbara Godden said...

All of them are great, I too did a poinsettia similar for my friend's cards this year as I ran out of time to do any colouring....too busy with challenges lol. I did 8 of them.

Roxy said...

These are gorgeous, I really love them all!!! And I love that Kenny K stamp with Cheri's sentiment, I'm definitely using those two together next year for my friends! Hugs, Roxy.