Saturday, August 6, 2011

Creative Accents August Challenge

Here we are again time for another Challenge over at Creative Accents Challenges
For the month of August it is Use Your Stash..



We all have stuff we have hardly used or maybe even not used. ( I could not imagine that) or it's been a while since we pulled it out or even a tech. we haven't used in some time.

So crafty people  get looking through your stash and see what you can come up with.

Here is what I managed to find (and to tell the truth is wasn't hard once I started going through stuff)
When I bought my Big Shot I got a nice package (sweet deal) and it had a lot of additions.  I had cut this butterfly once and had it sitting there looking at me for the longest time saying its about time you used me... My thoughts were how and where to use this.  It is meant to be a album or book cover but that is not what it was saying to me. 

Here is my Card -- Easel Card that is.  I used TH Distress  Inks to do the shading-- embossed a back ground stamp that has been in my drawer calling to me--with Kaleidoscope powder-- Some flowers and some Stickles ...
The inside of the card
I had to visit Barb (Mrs. T) for the saying stamps Cornish Heritage (she had not used these yet herself :>)) also borrowed her butterfly punch (she has used this a fair bit) and the branch is also from when I bought the Big Shot as well (did I tell you I got a sweet package).

Now you all get busy and see what you have hid away in your craft central...
So looking forward to see what you come up with.. and get it posted (sure to be some candy involved)
Now be sure to check out some of the other design team members and see what lovely stuff they have managed to do as well.
I to will be having some Blog Candy here soon.. It has been just over 1 year that I have been in Blogland and their are over 8,000 views to see what I have done.. THANK YOU...

Take Care thanks for stopping by... Comments are always treasured.  Have a great day. 

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Ok, that turned out really pretty Janet :) love the embossing and inking!

Miss O said...

This is a fabulous card Janet. I love the distress colouring and embossing. The inside is wonderful. Great Job!!!

Sarah said...

this is awesome Janet! I love all the glittery goodness! Thanks for the flour recipe too!

Creative Tara said...

This turned out so nice, Janet- I love the concept and all the glittery embossing and especially the inside design! I hope you'll bring your butterfly die to play next time we crop together ;)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful butterfly finds Susanne

Eulanda said...

Is this EVER pretty!! I love that it's an easel card and that embossing makes it look so elegant. Great job on using "stash"!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I love your card! OMG it is beautiful! Fantastic job going through your stash!